Keeping Our Children Safe
The Board of Heritage College is committed to the safety of each child in our school community. No form of child abuse will be tolerated by the Board.
The Board is also committed to provide a safe environment for children with a disability and to ensure that any Aboriginal children and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds who attend the school are supported in an inclusive environment.
All members of the school community have a duty to ensure that children are kept safe and the Board has in place the following:
- Child Safe Policy (E15).
- HC Staff and Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- A Child Safety Officer: Mr Jon Fry (Principal).
- Procedures for the reporting of child abuse.
- Procedures for the appointment, training and supervision of Staff.
- Strategies to identify and reduce risks of child abuse.
- Staff training in the identification and reporting of child abuse.
- Regular reporting on child safe matters to Board level.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of the risk control strategies in place.
- Communication with the school community about the child safe policies and procedures in place.
- A commitment to ensure an environment where children feel safe and are able to communicate any concerns that they may have.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000
For more information, contact the Child Safety Officer – Mr Jon Fry
‘Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD’ Psalm 127:3